Thursday, August 18, 2011

Don't Mess With Me Without My Morning Coffee

I woke up this morning at 2:00 AM (PDT for accuracy) unusually early. The first thing I do is instinctively stumble into our kitchen, fill the coffee maker with water, find the can with the coffee beans in it ( I am a coffee snob and grind my own fresh french roasted whole beans. I am still cheap though because I only go to Starbucks on occasion.). Over to the sink I go to grind my beans, gently carrying the bean can, coffee filter and filter holder. Now, open the can and put three heaping spoons of beans into the grinder. Wait a minute, where's the grinder? You don't understand, WHERE'S THE GRINDER?
This is not a good thing. I am semi-conscious and in a daze and I need my coffee, NOW! Go to McDonald's or Burger King and buy a cup. I'm sorry but I don't drive while sleepwalking or before I have had my coffee. I'm certainly not going to walk the 500 yards (I just put that in, Mc Donald's is actually about a quarter mile away and Starbuck's is about the same distance.). It's very dangerous. Who moved my cheese, I mean coffee grinder?  I don't care about those damn rats, I WANT MY COFFEE!!!!!!
Do you even realize (or realise for those of you English purists who live in Canada or England) what happens when you upset a 57 year old man and his very strict routine in the morning by changing something in his environment, especially since he hasn't had his Welbuterin in a few weeks.(By the way, I like Canada. I just got back from there, but you will have to read my article in West Coast Golfer Magazine for that story.) I certainly am glad that I don't have any guns or C-4 explosives around the house (ONLY KIDDING!). It really does upset your day. At any rate, where is that grinder

No comments:

Post a Comment