Monday, August 15, 2011

Get Back To Work!

     Well, OK now  I'm back.  I guess its time to start working again.  Actually, that's kind of an oxymoron because I am retired.  By definition, does a retired person work?  I don't know.  That question just came to me and I don't have an answer.
     The proceedure was a success.  I came out of it feeling OK and was released the day after the surgery.  There was very little pain and I really didn't have to use the morphine drip.  I did use it to sleep though and it was welcomed.  I was a bit bothered by the shots in the side of hemparin, a blood thinner and the blood draw to test my blood.  The morphine did not make me "high"  but I did notice that my pain tolerance went way up.  Before surgery, I felt the first injection of hemparin that they gave me by direct injection in my side.  They gave me four more and with each succeeding injection I felt it less and less, not even feeling the last one.  I didn't feel the blood draw at all.  So much for the morphine and boy did I sleep well. 
     At the hospital, they took me in and prepped me for surgery.  I was rolled into the surgery room, the proceedure was done and the next thing I knew I woke up in the recovery room.  One thing bothered me though.  I noticed out of the corner of my mind a guy in this strange outfit.  I could not see his face but he was dressed in this very loosely fitting black robe.  In his hand was this large black scythe.  He turned toward me and I could hear him say, "Nah."  I don't know what that meant.
     I am at home now recovering.  Today is the first day that I really felt good.  I go see the doctor tomorrow to get yelled at for what I should be doing and am not doing.  Wish me luck.  I have one burning question that is knawing at my inner thoughts.  When do I get back to Jocko's for that 19 ounce fillet, I am sick of this liquid diet.

No comments:

Post a Comment