Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Habits

     You caught me in a contemplative mood today. Yes, I know I haven't posted in a long while and I feel guilty about that. Things are getting in the way and they shouldn't. Posting on my blog should be a regular habit and right now I have been slacking on this commitment for a very long time. It is time to reestablish the habit.
     Habits are funny things. Isn't it interesting that it is easy to maintain a bad habit but very hard to start a new productive one? Some people it seems start out with or are blessed practicing good habits and don't give them a second thought.  I am not that way.  Most of my habits are bad, at least I don't smoke or drink. I do overeat. I am trying to change that.
     Right now I am fighting the battle of losing weight.  I am sure that a lot of you readers are familiar with that undertaking. It's more than an undertaking and more like a crusade. Many of my well established life habits have got to change. I am trying to do this little by little so that I may see some significant victories my "Battle of the Bulge", but that is hard to do.
     I have started to go to the gym three times a week to work out, but that doesn't always happen. I went Monday as I try to work out on Monday, Wednesday and Friday because I left my keys in my pants pockets which the pants are hung in the bedroom.  It's 5:30 AM and I didn't want to awaken my wife, so I took a long walk instead. I do feel very good right now after the walk, so I am glad that I did take the walk.      I know this post isn't up to my normal high standards of literary endeavor, but at least I am back writing. Please be patient with me.  Like a baseball player that has been injured, this is a rehab post.
I have been away from my duties for far too long.

No comments:

Post a Comment