Saturday, July 30, 2011

Retirement (If You Are Young Still Read This)

     Retirement is the pits.  All you do is sit around, watch T.V. and sit on your butt with the occassional round of golf thrown in maybe four times a week.  Its boring.
     Wait a minute....Wait a minute...Lets see. [Went to college for eight years, taught school for 20 years and I still don't know the correct usage of its and it's.  Pray for me, won't you.  It's, or its, truly a shame.] Ummmm.....Yesterday I only sat down and watched T.V. for about 20 minutes.  I only played golf twice in July because I couldn't afford the green fees and  just didn't have time for it in my schedule. 
     It really is hard to fit time into your schedule away from the important things, sitting in front of the T.V. on your butt and doing nothing.  Where do I find the time away to go to opera rehearsal?  I am in the chorus and we will perform Lucia on August 7.  How about the new staff writer position at the new magazine, when do I fit that into my busy schedule of doing nothing?  I can't possibly pry myself away from the couch to volunteer and be very much involved in my church, Oh heavens no! [That was funny.  I didn't realize that play on words until I stopped and looked at the sentence.  Sometimes I amaze myself.]   The grandkids don't need me at their swimming lessons.  I can't go over to their houses for dinner or to watch the kids, and please don't ask to borrow money.  Please don't ask me to get involved in alternative education choices for children and adults, it takes away from my beauty sleep.  Being lazy sure has its [there's that word again] advantages.
    I am going to close my post now, because it is taking me away from cartoons, breakfast with my son and a friend of mine.  Later, I am going to go to a major league baseball game.  I could be watching Barney or playing golf.  Retirement is the pits!  Maybe I'll go back to work to relax so that I can schedule in golf and doing nothing.
Nahhhh........

No comments:

Post a Comment