Monday, February 20, 2012

Freedom, The Simple Pleasures

     Today is a holiday here in the United States.  It is called President's Day, and we honor those who have served as leader of this country.  Two President's are the focus of this and they are George Washington and Abraham Lincoln.  I could get very political and philosophical about freedom and what it means, but I am going to take a different direction here.  Don't get me wrong, I am proud to be an American and will celebrate the genius of these two men but that is not where I am going today.
     Yesterday, I experienced true freedom and in the most unusual way.  I did my laundry.  I have done my laundry many times since I moved into my apartment, but yesterday was different.  I did my laundry.  That is a very powerful realization, as there were a lot of things controlling my life.  It was my choice when to do my laundry as it is my choice to do whatever I want to or have to do.  I can also do things the way I want to, experiencing a learning curve. If what I do works, fantastic and if it doesn't work I won't do it that way again. That is a freeing experience.
     Which way do the clothes get hung on the hangar?  Is it to the left or to the right?  Does it matter?  It really doesn't and I don't care! I am truly FREE!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment