Saturday, February 25, 2012

Going Green

    "Going green" has a lot of connotations to it.  Most people thing that "going green" means helping not to polute the environment using environmentally friendly products and cutting down on your "carbon footprint".  Today I noticed that I was "going green".  Le me explain, and it might not be the way you expected.
     I am making dinner tonight for a very special friend.  This required me to go to the grocery store to pick up a few of the main ingredients for what I am going to cook tonight.  When I got home and went in to the refridgerator to put things away, I discovered to my amazement that I didn't have any room. What is the problem and what is taking up so much space.
     When you live alone, it is hard to cook for one. The idea is to make enough for other meals from what you have cooked and when you don't want to cook you heat up the leftovers.  That is the ideal.  I want to be the first to let people know that that is not the case.  You get to a state of confusion after checking out the fridge and finding so many leftovers.  You freeze because the choices are so many and you can't make a decision.  You finally make the decision and you order Chinese take out, or pizza.  You can't finish that so into the fridge it goes only to add to later confusion.  Let's face it, life is complex.
     As I said, I am "going green".  Not by choice, but by circumstances and it is only my refridgerator. You should see it.  It has gone green--and black--and orange--and tan and also has grown hair in a couple of cases.  Phizer, the drug company called and wanted me to sent them a sample of what was in my fridge.  They wanted to develope a new strain of antibiotic penicillin from the mold in my fridge. I don't know what they wanted to do with the furry thing.
       

No comments:

Post a Comment