Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Rainy Days And Mondays Always Get Me Down

     With respect to the Carpenters's, Denise's favorite group, rainy days and Mondays don't get me down.  I am an optimist. Life can be tough, but I would rather celebrate the downs as well as the ups and look on them as part of life. Life is good and is a great adventure.
     It is supposed to rain today in Fresno and the Central Valley.  I love the rain, and since I don't have a car I am pretty much stuck in my apartment. That could be a very depressing situation, but I have so much to do today that I can accomplish from home that I refuse to let it get me down.
      High on my list of things to do is to call my TV provider to see if they won't change my package.  I pay  almost $100 a month for my service.  I received a flier in the mail for a package for $39.  What's up with that.  Can you spell I will go to the competition? They are going to get a call from me. If it is for new customers, I don't care. We will see.
      I love rainy days.  It seems as though as the rain falls there is a quietness and stillness that comes.  Everything gets quiet as I guess the sound is muffled by the falling raindrops. The sound of the rain is like music to my ears. It is such a special sound, from a gentle sounding ballad of a light rain to a booming roar of heavy rain or down pore, sounding like a  freight train rumbling across the tracks .It is all a pleasure to the senses. The lighting is very special as well as well as the smells which is fresh and new. The sights, sounds and smells make rainy days are special, not depressing.


The day started dark, dreary and rainy but the sun came out and the day turned out to be a delight. 
     After the rain ends, the sun comes out clear and bright. It mirrors the cycle of life.  What was old ends and the new begins. I like the rain, so bring it on.        

No comments:

Post a Comment