Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Life is good! My eyes are open and I have poured my first cup of coffee. Here I am at my computer writing this sipping on the light brown brew that I poured into my pirate cup. I collect coffee mugs you know, but that can be another blog entry. Last night was choir rehearsal. I sing in a Community Chorus. I don't know if I can sing, in fact sometimes I doubt my singing talents given some of the looks I get at rehearsals. I figured, what the heck I bought the tuxedo so I have to find an occasion to wear it. Actually, I like wearing it and have been looking for a matre'd job. This is Fresno so that probably won't happen. My guess is that choir performances and cruise formal nights will have to be the only times I bust out the formal threads. Such a shame. It is early in the morning here in California and again last night was choir rehearsal. It is a rehearsal not a practice, after all we are a master chorale. There is a lot of talent in this group and I kind of go along as comic relief as well as an occasion to wear my tux. I look pretty good in it too, I might say. Once I was asked to sing in "The Massiah"-OK, I probably spelled it wrong but just bear with me. I told the musical director I couldn't because I couldn't Handel it. That was bad, but I enjoyed that and if you didn't get it I am not going to explain it. I was also told that Mozart only had one friend but they didn't play together often because he was Haydn. I know the impact of this musical humor seems very corny, but if you knew the people who are uttering this nonsense it makes sense and seems out of character for these giants of song. It was funny to me. Don't forget to visit one of my fine sponsor. Are you protected in case your identity is stolen. Take a look at LegalShield. We are different in that our program will work to restore your identity in the event it is stolen. This is a growing problem in our electronic life, so check it out. Until tomorrow, see ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment