Friday, September 28, 2012

No Mention of Coffee

     Here I am back at my computer putting my thoughts down on paper--ur, uh computer screen. My decision today is to not even mention my morning cup of coffee.  Each entry to my blog I have started talking about how I am awake and have had my morning coffee.  This may be annoying people so I won't say a word about my morning cup.
     You know, I prefer a dark roast, and whenever I go to Starbuck's and have a cup I always order a tall dark.  It doesn't matter if it is French Roast, Kimodo Dragon or Pike's it is always a dark.  When I buy beans-which I grind at home before I make my pot (coffee not that other stuff this is a family blog) at home-its always a dark roast.  I take that back, it isn't always a dark roast.  I like a Kona blend for its great taste and my son prefers a lighter roast.
     It seems as though there is more oil in dark roast.  When I grind the beans for my morning coffee, if it is a dark bean there always remains some grinds in the grinder.  This is not the case for the lighter Kona beans.  I really don't know why this is.  There is just something about a fresh cup of morning coffee made with fresh ground beans. Plus, I really enjoy the sound of the beans grinding in the grinder. The bubble, bubble bubble sound the coffee maker makes as the coffee brews is very comforting and is a great start to the day.  When I pour the brown liquid into my cup and add the cream-my son uses Almond Joy Coffee Mate but I am a purist so I use regular cream-and sugar I know my day will start on a good note.  Bring on the Fruit Loops for breakfast, I am a happy camper and ready to meet the day and tackle it head on.
    Let's see-what am I going to write about this morning?  Darn, its getting late and I have to do my workout.   I don't want to be late for my early "Dawn Patrol" tee time and the old farts (I know many of you in my group are reading this, so I am saying that lovingly.) are waiting so I must go.
   
    On the news yesterday was a report on seniors and identity theft.  Don't leave yourself unprotected. Click on the identity theft button and check out what Legal Shield has to offer.  We protect your identity from theft and if it is stolen, our company will actively restore your credit and identity.  We restore your identity should it be stolen.  

No comments:

Post a Comment