Tuesday, May 21, 2013

All Hail, The Mighty Yard Sale!

     In this wonderful American culture of our's lives the ultimate entrepaneur. OK, so I can't spell entrepeneur ,but that word is French and we all know how we feel about the French.  I like the French, it's just that they have a weird language. I guess it could be said that English is kind of strange as well, and you can figure out what I mean by threw and through.  What does that have to do with yard sales, absolutely nothing and I don't want to insult the French even though they talk rather funny.  I still can't spell entrepeneur.
     What was I trying to say?  I forgot, oh yes I was going to comment on that peculiar--see, I can spell peculiar--American institution of the yard sale.  Many of us know it as "The Garage Sale". Why would anyone want to sell their garage or yards.  Aren't they a part of the home?  You would think that if you were going to sell a house, the yard or garage would be part of the sale.  Some houses don't come with a garage.  Does that mean that in years gone by that the owners sold the garage in a garage sale? Food for thought, so think about that one.  I try not to.  Some houses, especially on the East Coast in larger cities don't come with yards.  Did the owners sell those off? Some houses don't come with either yard or garage, is that an indication that their owners were really hard up for cash?  Who knows?
     I want to make it clear to you, my readers, that I am totally sober at this point and don't drink.  My son did bring back some wine from the Central California Coast this weekend but I only had one glass so far.  I don't drink, well an occasional glass of wine for the health and such but that is all. By the way, if you are concerned I did have my coffee this morning. It's just that with moving and getting married and such, it is beginning to effect me.
With this post I was really just horsing around.  

No comments:

Post a Comment