Friday, May 10, 2013

Bail Out! Bail Out! Bail Out! Part two

     You know, I love going to traffic court.  It is kind of like getting your wisdom tooth pulled.  In most cases, you know you did what you did but think that you can truly get away with something.  Believe it or not, the judge really is there to help you, and wants to help.
     I would not do well as a traffic judge.  I really admire and respect them for what they do. They sit on a bench and read traffic citations all day and have to listen to a bunch of hair brained stories from people who are really guilty.  That's what a ticket is for.  A traffic enforcer has caught you red handed in whatever you have done.  Be it speeding or whatever, if you get a ticket you are toast.  Pay the fine, case closed. If I were a traffic court judge and someone came before me to tell me they were not guilty of a traffic violation with the ticket in their hand and try to plead not guilty wasting my time, I would sentence them to 100 years in Vacavile State Prison.
     Here is the bottom line on all this and my experience yesterday with my day in court.  I learned a valuable lesson.  Don't make a U turn on Shaw and Palm Ave. in Fresno while Christmas Tree Lane is going on.  Observe the "No U Turn" signs that you can't see and don't make a U turn, especially when there are signs you can't see telling you that. It will cost you $300 and bus fare down to Superior Court in downtown Fresno. Boy, am I glad that the prisons in California are overcrowded.  I didn't mean to yell at you, Your Honor. Case closed.

No comments:

Post a Comment