Thursday, November 6, 2014

On A Serious Note

     I sat down this morning and wondered what I was going to bring to you this morning. My thought was that I would change the pace today a bit and write about something more on the serious side. I think that I am totally capable of doing that, although that seems to be totally out of character for me. The problem is coming up with something serious to write about.
     How about politics? No, I don't want to anger anyone.  That subject is becoming a bit more volatile, and what used to be just a difference of opinion has turned into almost a war between competing ideals. I won't go there. I want to make life a bit more bearable for my readers, not separate them. My goal is to comment and make you chuckle on the more mundane things of life. By the way, how do you put your shoes on?
     I suppose that I could talk about my daughter marrying the man of her dreams a couple of Saturdays ago.  I am very proud of her and of all my children.  I wish her and her new husband all the best of luck and God's blessings. I very much like and are proud of my three sons-in-law.  I feel that my daughters have married well.  Besides, my new son-in-law is a golf pro, not that he will take up a special place in my heart because of that.
     I could also talk about my wife and how blessed I am that God has sent her to me. She is the love of my life and I am very fortunate to share the rest of my life with her. At this point, that is all I'm going to say because there is much more to be said, so much more that this would be a very long post. She did find a formal dress for Saturday night by the way.
     One thing I did want to share but didn't know how I was going to do it was that I have changed the roast of my coffee.  I am drinking Kona Blend instead of French Roast. Sometimes change is good in one's life, so I went and made the change.  I will go back to French Roast as soon as the Kona Blend runs out, probably next week.  Wow, that was exciting and controversial.
     I hope all that was serious enough for you.
This doesn't have anything to do with today's post.  I just wanted to publish the picture because it is kind of cool.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment