Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Press To Start--Part 1

    No it wont.  I guess I should explain that comment.  One thing you have to realize though is that we have a house guest and I haven't been able to grind my coffee to make it this morning so bear with me. I also could say bare with me but that would be too scary.  I can't believe I just said that. Oh well, remember I haven't had my coffee yet.
    Denise and I only have one car. We believe that the environment is sacred and to have two cars is not respecting the harmonious balance of nature. Another thing is to have two cars, let alone one, is an insult to those who are less privileged around the world and don't have a car.  Just think of all the pollution a second car belches out and throws into the pristine air we breathe. We choose to protect that air. That sure sounded good, didn't it? It's totally a bunch of baloney, but what the heck. The bottom line is we only have one car and if we both have somewhere to be we have to borrow or rent one.
     We rented a car for Denise yesterday because I had to go to an event in Fresno and she needed a car. It was a brand new Nissan Altima with all the bells and whistles. It had electronic and computerized everything.
In fact, I kind of get annoyed with how the new cars ding at you and that pretty voice keeps telling you what a stupid thing you just did with the car.  It is kind of like the gal that talks on the GPS monitor giving you directions. That's another story and I will get back to what I was going to say.  The old ADHD is kicking in again. At any rate, we rented the car for the day.  Denise drove the rental and I drove the Taurus to Fresno.      Tomorrow was Tuesday and this week Tuesday meant gym day.  Denise said that I could take the rental because I was also on the contract, so what the heck.  I was filled with a great expectation that I was going to try the spiffy new piece of road hardware out. I knew that it had all the bells, whistles, and  hot and cold running door knobs with everything being electronic and computerized. I think that was the problem. Those two little words electronic and computerized are supposed to make our lives easier--not mine. Needless to say, I was excited that I was going to drive this new example of modern technology.  The car had other ideas.
     When I grabbed the keys to go to the gym this morning I knew something just was not as it should be. That sort of feeling can spell disaster, especially at 4:30 in the morning BC--Before Coffee. When I grabbed the keys to go out to the car, there was no key. There were no keys on the key ring, just these small oblong orbs that had symbols on them.  Had aliens come during the middle of the night and played a trick on me by stealing the keys and leaving these orbs? What did the symbols mean?
I'm telling you, this baby was high tech.  It had hot and cold running door nobs and computerized electronic everything on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment