Wednesday, December 31, 2014

New Year's Holiday--Truly A Moving Experience

     I suppose that I could get all teary eyed over another year being completed, but I won't.  It was kind of a strange year.  I'm not going to go into the events of the year which had its ups and downs. Looking back it could be said that the year was a challenge in many ways but all in all it wasn't bad. Don't worry, I am not going to summarize the events of the year, but I will say that 2015 will be a moving year--literally.
     Come to think of it, 2014 was a moving year as well. It seems 2016 will also be a moving year. I don't like to move, but that's just the way it is sort of turning out. This is going to be the third move I will be making in the last two years. We are going to have to move again in 2016 as we are house sitting for a couple who will be out of the country for a year.  Honestly, I truly thank them for going for a year but I don't look forward to looking for a place to live once again in 2016. I pray that that move will be permanent.
     It can be said that rolling stones gather no moss. I must admit that I do hate yard work and round-up is my friend when it comes to weeds.  However, in the house we lived in for almost thirty-three years that I shared with my children and that woman--my ex--we did grow some things.  We grew tomatoes and had a couple of orange trees. I left that house for an apartment after the catastrophic event--divorce.  Happiness abounded at the apartment because I had no yard to take care of and I was living alone for a whole.  I did have a back yard, sort of, and would keep the weeds down by spraying round-up everywhere.
     I married again, to a wonderful woman I might add.  Of course, I moved out of the apartment and into a house together with my new bride.  We had trees there, but they were there when we moved in. The house was a rental, so you couldn't really count them as ours.  After less than a year at this address, my wife got a job in another city, so we moved again.
     We really like the place we are in now.  We almost like it too much, so we are moving.  This place has trees, fruit trees.  There is a peach tree, a cherry tree, a couple of apple trees, orange trees and a persimmon tree--I hate persimmons. But, they are still not our trees, but those of the landowner. This was a nice place, and we are sad to have to move. When you look at it philosophically, at least we are not being kicked out. That's a good thing, but it makes the whole move a bit bittersweet.
     So, on we go to other adventures and a new address.  This move is done by choice, not out of necessity. It will be a very interesting new year.
    I want to wish all my readers A VERY HAPPY AND PROSPEROUS NEW YEAR! Stay safe.
Yep, we are moving again making 2015 another moving experience. Same city though.

No comments:

Post a Comment