Monday, April 28, 2014

Cereal Serial...Part 2

     I suppose that a serial entry should be no more than a day apart.  Is that a written rule?  I don't know. Give me a break, I have been busy. Besides, haven't you been anxiously awaiting this installment of Cereal Serial excited by the fact that you are going to be enlightened on the subject of cereal? Isn't that a topic that you have been dying to explore all your life and the information I give to you--you can't live without? OK, maybe its not that important (you know, I had that its-it's thing pretty well figured out for a time but I lost it) and you can live without that information, but here goes anyway.  Besides, I want to get you thinking.
      Excuse me for a minute, I have to go back and read what I wrote in Cerieal Serial Part 1. Yada-yada, yada-yada, yada, yada, yada yada.  OK, I'm ready. See, now you have to go back and read it.  If you haven't done that already, I just want to let you know that there will be a test.I just poured myself a bowl of Cherios and I am ready to go.
     Who invented cereal for breakfast anyway.  I think Mr. Kellogg had something to do with it.  He felt that cornmeal pressed into flakes and served over milk was a contributor of good health.  He also believed in coffee enimas as well, so I am not sure as to the validity of his claims.  At any rate, he did give us one of the forerunners of the modern day breakfast cereal, the corn flake.  It is still around today, and you probably are enjoying a bowl of corn flakes as we speak.  If you are, great. Why not add some sugar stuck to the flakes.  Voila! Tony the Tiger is born and hawking Sugar Frosted Flakes. Dr. Kellogg probably turned over in his grave for that one.
    I have much more to say on this. You will just have to wait, I'm sorry.  I have to go enjoy my Cherios before they get soggy.

     
     
I know its a bad picture, but it will have to do in a pinch. This was a great breakfast, but where are the corn flakes?

      

No comments:

Post a Comment