Saturday, April 12, 2014

Eli's Coming...Not Really, Only The Landlord

    Today is the day of reckoning. Our lives as a married couple is dependent on today. You can cut the stress here today with a knife. Not only is today the first performance of the Easter Cantata--who uses that word anymore--but also it is the day of the first visit of our landlord. This day shall be a day that goes down in infamy.  Hey wait, that line was used before, I think.
     I am OK. The choir director is a bit stressed. I guess we Mediteranean Americans have a different way of dealing with stress--no, not ouzo though that does help in some cases.  Dago Red doesn't help all that much either. A good sit out in the sunshine is good. So is writing some humorous--humourous for those of you in Canada and Great Britan--lines to get others chuckling. It is truly great for the soul. Of course, why worry?
     Landlords have codes.  The code for today was, "We want to come over and change the air conditioning filters and trim some of the trees in the back yard."

  Yes right, and I can keep my doctor and my good health insurance as well.  Sorry, I just had to throw that in there. What they want to do is to catch us abusing their property. That's not going to happen. I don't mind them coming to check up, we have nothing to hide.
     Rest assured, we are taking care of the place as best we can.  It is in great shape. I hope they don't notice that patch of ground where we buried the body. We will just have to take a chance on that. Honey, can we go to the grocery store and bring back a grocery cart? We may need it.



The House Before






The House Now

No comments:

Post a Comment