Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Cereal Serial...Part Three (And Final Part-Probably)

     Cereal, whether it is made from wheat, corn, oats or rice is good for you and really gets you off to a good start nutritiously in the morning.  I know this. It says that on the sugar smacks commercial I always see on TV.  TV doesn't lie. The commercial says "Sugar Smacks--Part of a nutritious breakfast." and just like the internet--TV doesn't lie.  Its the truth.
     We are all very fortunate to have these wonderful breakfast concoctions to make life better.  They have truly added to our lives in a positive way.  How else would we get our dosage of quick energy in the morning than from a freshly poured bowl of Cap'n Crunch and a cup of coffee.  There is a lot of good stuff in Cap'n Crunch Cereal.  Look at all that nutrition derived from oats. Read the label on the box. The sugar alone should keep you going at least a half hour after you have eaten them. Again, it is part of a nutritious breakfast. The same is true for Cocoa Puffs, Lucky Charms and Sugar Pops.  Let's not forget the king of breakfast cereals, Kelloggs Sugar Frosted Flakes. Can you say "Power Breakfast"?
     I will admit it, I love Fruit Loops.  In fact, I have been accused of being a Fruit Loop but that's another story. As you know, I am full of other stories as well as other unmentionable stuff but we won't go there. The Fruit Loop is perhaps the most critical invention in the history of man.  Just think about it for a minute.  It is truly a miracle breakthrough in nutrition.
     Let's talk about the mighty Fruit Loop for a minute, shall we?  They are a nutritional giant.  Think about it for a minute. Nutritional experts tell us we should get at least five servings of fruits and vegetables a day.  There you have it, the mighty Fruit Loop. Not only do you get the goodness of grain--which grain I don't know, I think it is corn--but you get your servings of fruit as well. You get the goodness of cherries from the red loop, the vitamin C from the orange loop and also the yellow lemon and green lime loop. That saves the time of actually peeling an orange or washing cherries of their pesticides. That's American ingenuity at its best--only in America. It kind of takes your breath away.
     I tried to invent my own breakfast cereal, but neither Post nor Kellogg's would have anything to do with it.  I tried to chop up Snicker bars and threw in some Reese's Pieces just for good measure in a bowl and poured milk on it. OK, I will admit that it didn't quite work but what the heck.  I thought I would give it a try. Just think of all that nutrition and protein that is in a Snicker bar.
That's my son.  He is a Fruit Loop just like me. That gives me an idea. How about a cereal based on a bacon wrapped corn dog.  What an idea!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment