Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Breakfast of Champions

     I don't like to eat breakfast.  The most important meal of the day and I are not on good speaking terms. It should be the easiest thing in the world to do, just go into the kitchen and pour a bowl of Froot Loops and enjoy, but I just don't feel like it each morning. Shame on me I guess.
     Americans like a hearty breakfast.  Eggs, bacon, ham or sausage and some hash browns provide the necessary nourishment to hold you off to the next meal. Denise likes oatmeal, and I was once on the oatmeal gravy train as well. It seems as though the gravy was taken away, due to it's high fat content and the train, and Amtrak train by the way, derailed going around a curve at 100 plus miles an hour. I just don't take the time to fix it. My qualifications for creating a fine bowl of oatmeal are well documented, but I choose not to utilize those skills. Was that a cunning way to say that I am lazy.  You can take it for what it is on face value. I won't admit to anything.
     Froot Loops are not the best of breakfasts.  I do on occasion breakfast on Maple Frosted Mini Wheats or maybe some raisin bran.  I like raisin bran, especially the raisins and have a technique to eat them.  There has to be at least two raisins in every bite. I love raisins and I thank God for inventing them, but I still don't like to eat breakfast.
     Last night my wife went to Jamba Juice and brought home some smoothies.  I like their strawberry collada smoothie. I didn't drink much of it last night because I was very full from the crap I scrounged up last night for dinner. I put it in the 'fridge and am drinking it now. They are nutritious, right?  After all, they contain strawberries, pineapple, coconut milk, and orange juice. Those are some healthy ingredients and the smoothie contained no meat or animal products. That ought to make you animal lovers out there happy. I won't go there though.
     Got to run now. Denise wants to go to Dublin and look over some music at the music publishers store. I'm enjoying my smoothie.
Yup.  It's what's for breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment