Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Clam Up In Israel

     I am a little frustrated right now as I am having issues with my computer. That will probably show up in a later post. Today I wanted to give you a little insight on how my brain works. Those of you who are psychiatric in nature and care to analyze me, I have to let you in on this.  Many have tried and all have failed.
     I had a dream last night. I hesitate to analyze the whole thing, but even I thought it was very strange. I was involved in a clam bake. The interesting thing about this was that the clam bake was in Israel. I wouldn't lie to you.  I thought it was a bit odd as well. Isn't shellfish forbidden under rabbinical law. I thought Jews can't eat clams, especially in Israel. Arabs can, I think but I am not sure.
    I love clams. I have tried them raw on the half shell and they taste like Tide detergent, even with a bit of lemon and tabasco sauce. The mollusks are great steamed in garlic and butter dipped in a little bit of drawn butter after they are steamed.  Clams are great fried as well and of course in New England Clam Chowder. Clams are delicious, but you don't have to go to Israel to have them.
     It seems as though this variety of clam that we were dining on in Israel were a special kind of clam. They were big and they had a huge amount of meat in them. After you opened the shell, there was like a beefy fillet that you cut like a steak. You have to remember that this was a dream and came from my nocturnal imagination. With my brain, anything is libel to show up. Suffice it to say, the experience was very interesting. How did the clams taste? I don't know, I woke up, went into the kitchen and opened up a can of clam chowder.
How come he never dreams about us?

No comments:

Post a Comment