Friday, July 19, 2013

Don't Let The Grass Grow Underneath Your Feet

     That is a well know saying.  It is not exactly accurate first off, because your feet mus be off the grown in any given spot so that the sun can hit it.  Grass doesn't grow when there is no sunshine. Everyone knows that.
     Our grass has been growing.  Here in California where we live, people plant Hybrid Bermuda.  This kind of grass can still grow after a nuclear attack.   You just can't kill it.  I know, I have tried. Even if you don't water it, it still grows and grows...and grows. You can't pull it out when you weed, because it is EVERYWHERE.  The roots spread, sort of like the head of the hydra.  I can make that hydra reference because I am Greek.
     We have to go out this morning and do yard work.  The lawns needs to be mowed and edged and the flowerbeds need to be weeded.  God bless Roundup, by the way.  Unfortunately we have let the grass grow not under our feet, an impossiblility, but in our yard.  We  have been busy and have not been able to get back there to work.
      I think my grandson came over a few days ago to spend the night, and he went outside in the back yard to play.  He may be on safari back there in the tall grass because we haven't heard from him since Tuesday.  Don't worry, I think he's OK back there.  There is plenty of food and water back there, bugs and such. I think I saw the smoke of a campfire. He is a pretty self sufficient kid at four years old.  We are going to mow and edge so we will find him, rest assured. I am not 100% sure he is going to want to come out though.
     Looks like it is time to go out and do the dastardly deeds: mow, edge and weed.  I'm off.  What's that honey?  The British Open is on T.V.  Well......
My Yard and House.  See how much work we have to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment