Monday, July 22, 2013

Changes...Part One

     Who would of known that the world would changed so fast? Life has changed, and not necessarily in a good way.  Change can be good, but it also can effect our lives in some unintended ways as well.
     Everything now is fast.  I want it now!  This causes some problems as to human contact.  The human touch as far as dealing face to face with people doesn't exist today.  Tender loving care, problem solving and customer service has been thrown out in favor of  "This is the way it is going to be, so get used to it."
     As for me, I hate pressing "1" for English an again pressing "2" for customer service.  Even then, "Customer Service" is a sort of oxymoron. What happened to the time when if we had a problem and called on the phone, we didn't have to press anything, but were directly connected to the person we needed to talk to, and not a computer I might add.  What ever happened to going down to the company branch office and talking to a live person. That rarely happens because the branch offices have been closed in favor of the phone.  Press "3" if you are not getting the computer you need to talk to. If you do press the "3" you get disconnected.
     My wife loves technology. She banks online and does as much as she can by phone.  I respect her for this.  Believe it or not we are the same age but I am sorry, I want to talk to a real person and I want to do it face-to-face. I want to look at paper or a lease a computer screen.  I want to see a human face and hopefully see a smile.  What I don't want is to talk to a machine.
     Maybe I am old fashioned.  I am sorry, but not all change is good.
The "Old"

The "New"

No comments:

Post a Comment