Monday, July 15, 2013

You Can Run, But You Can't Hide

     I ran.  I tried to hide, but it found me again.  Not all of it, but a good portion of it.  So, my decision is clear.  I must run again among,
other things.  I can't hide though because it will find me again.
     No, I'm not talking about the law.  All is well in that category, except for a few bill collectors but I will take care of that soon. Oh, and the bank robbery charges were all a misunderstanding but I have taken care of that as well as the speeding ticket. What I am talking about is the weight I have gained.
     Two years ago, I lost 70 pounds.  Sorry those of you in other countries, I don't know how much that is in kilos, you are going to have to do the conversions yourself.  I actually am pretty good at metric conversion, just not in weight. What I am talking about her, I promise I will get back on the subject I promise, is that I gained 30 of those pounds back.  I feel terrible.
     When I am trying to loose weight I do it fairly quickly.  The big thing is making the decision to loose the weight and do what it takes to get rid of the extra poundage.  That is where I am at right now. In my mind, I need to make the decision to do the things that need to get done in order to shed those added pounds.  As Captain Picard would say on the bridge of The Enterprise in Star Trek, The New Generation, "Make it so, Number One."  (By the way, I am going to finish that piece about William Shatner) As far as starting the weightloss, as Nike puts it, "Just do it!"
     I have to run now.  No, I am not going to run run, I just have to go.  I don't like to run.   When I workout, I use the treadmill and walk or I use the recumbrant bike.  Its easier on the old knees.  I never did like to run. What I am going to do now is do my crunches and stretching routine.  I have to start somewhere and I promise that I will get back to the gym to do a full workout soon. Not just today.

This is how I feel right now after gaining my weight back. 















No comments:

Post a Comment