Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Movin' In...Movin' On

     I suppose that you were expecting the second part of my ode to William Shatner.  don't worry, I will get to that but I think I am going to put that off until tomorrow.  Why, because I am still moving into my office and it is a mess right now.  I cannot create when my work space is in such turmoil.
     I thought that I had it all taken care of.  That is until those dreaded extra boxes showed up.  I don't know, do boxes get pregnant and have children?  That is what it appears to be happening.  I put one box's contents away, and two boxes appear.  Why is that.  Is this some evil plot brought on by the box monster?  I don't know.
    I feel sorry for my paper shredder.  Why is it that I keep what I keep?  You should see some of the stuff I have squirreled away. There is one good thing about this though.  I think I can get a free car wash, because I have kept all those "One dollar off" car wash coupons I would get when I would get the car washed.  They are a pretty pink.
Each one of these is worth one dollar.  That's not my car, by the way.
 
Nope, I counted them.  I'm about ten washes short of a free wash.
     O.K. now, back on task.  Doing this is a daunting task.  There are so many boxes and so much stuff.  Fifty-nine years is a long time to collect stuff.  It is also kind of fun to go down memory lane as well, viewing some of the treasure that I have had stashed that I haven't seen for years.  As you probably guessed, I keep a lot of stuff.  I even see the Olympic Airlines ticket that they tagged my bag with on my flight to Israel and Greece in 1973.  Wow, does that bring back memories. 
     There is a lot of other old stuff there too.  I collect maps and have a good supply of old National Geographic maps.  My, how the world has changed.  
     I had better get back to work now.  I have got a lot to do in order for everything to get put away.  After that, I have to get started on a new book project.  Tomorrow I promise I will write about William Shatner.
Just thought I would share with you a picture of what my office looks like right now.  Hopefully I will have another picture after I finish putting everything away to show you the difference.
     

No comments:

Post a Comment