Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Different Is OK

     I like being different.  Is it wrong that I take a hard look at the world around me and see it in a light that many would consider a bit tilted?  I'm sorry but that is just me.
     Don't get me wrong.  I know that there is a time and a place for everything and in most circumstances I am very much the conformist.  For example, I wore a shirt, shoes with socks and long pants to my mother's funeral.  I had to fight off the urge to wear black shorts and sandals, but I totally knew that would be inappropriate. Give me some credit for crying out loud.  But I did go with tradition.  However, what is wrong with shorts and sandals in church? I know the difference between a regular Sunday service and my mom's funeral.
     The world to me is a playground.  Besides, why not be happy and enjoy life.  I suppose it is a "Glass half full" type of thing.  You are on this Earth, why not enjoy it to the fullest.  And why does some set of arbitrary rules set down by who knows dictate how we live. There are some rules that we are fortunate to have in place and to understand and follow that have to do with the makeup of the universe such as me not working on cars.  That is an absolute. I do stay within the limits of natural law sometimes.
     Bungie Jumping--now there is something that I draw the line at.  It is not that I am a coward, its that I have a bad back and the force of the cord snapping would just about end my career in walking and maybe living as well. I do exercise some discretion and honor some boundaries in my life.  But I would like to try parasailing.
     You kind of get a sense of my "differentness" when you come into my office.  It is a strange place. Denise wanted to shoot the decorator and has said that it is "too full and busy".  However, if she shot the decorator she would have shot her beloved husband--me.  I like it and is full of some of my most prized possessions.
Each of these has a story, real or made up by me.  My "Dogs Playing Poker"
No, That isn't me parasailing.  Besides, how would I have taken the picture?
painting inspires me everytime I go to write.  What can I say.      

No comments:

Post a Comment