Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Something Fishy?

     I like fish.  I have had it many ways and prefer a good red snapper grilled on the bar-b-que.  When I was in WINCO, our local grocery store, they had fresh snapper in the seafood display case.  It looked very fresh, and was.  I asked Denise if she had ever had grilled snapper, and she said no. Ah ha! Time for an experiment.  I will introduce her to the delicate and subtle flavors of grilled red snapper.
     I think it should be said that I am of Greek and Italian extraction.  We Mediterranean types eat a lot of strange things.  Who would of thought that wrapping up rice or meat in a grape leaf would be appetizing?  Oh, but it is.  What about goat's cheese, AKA feta? Yum!  How about squid or octopus, you say?  They are the ugliest creatures on the planet, but stuffed squid in sauce over fettuccine-to die for. I'm not much of an octopus man myself, its too tough for me. I think you get the point.  Who would have thought that combining egg and lemon in chicken soup would taste so heavenly?
     I dearly love my wife.  So much so that words can't express.  We have much in common and enjoy being with each other.  There is one thing though that I must say.  Her epicurial tastes are fairly limited.  I have sprung some different things on her for dinner.  Some were hits with her, some were dismal failures.  I know now that grilled red snapper is not on her #1 hits list.  She ate it, she didn't want to hurt my feelings but I know it was pure torture for her.  Oh well, cross red snapper or any other fish off the list of menus. That's OK.
Fish comes from the ocean and are caught in boats like these.  Some fish come from fresh water and are caught in rivers, streams and lakes.  This is a boat filled with brave men who are going out to catch red snapper.
     

No comments:

Post a Comment