Thursday, October 10, 2013

King Kong Lives!

     I want to shout it from the mountaintop!  This is great news.  There is good stuff happening in the world, not just the old negativeness that we have been accustomed to.  Here it is.  King Kong lives!  I know because he lives in my office.
     It is time for the story to be told.  King Kong did not die on the Empire State Building as is generally thought.  After all, there is no such thing as a 20 foot ape.  Come on people, where is your sense of reality?  We all know that was just a small ape that they used to distort perspective.   After the filming the producers of the movie had no use for Kong so they let him go.  From there, his history is a little bit clouded.    
     What do we know?  First, it was believed that he went to Las Vegas and gambled all his fortune that he earned from the movie.  He became homeless and drifted around the country, trying to find work in traveling carnivals and circuses. The war hit, so his gigs became few and far between.  From there, the path goes cold.
     A few years ago, I visited my daughter in Missouri.  There is a shop located between Fulton, Missouri and Jefferson City, Missouri that is called "The Swap Meet Shop".  We stopped there right after doing some wine tasting in the Missouri Wine region. Don't laugh, they do have a wine region and we did go wine tasting. I won't say anything about the wine, me being from California and all, but it tastes a little like Welch's Grape Juice and is said to be "fine wine", at least that is what the advertisements say. That is all I will say about Missouri wines.
He is alive and well! He misses his old home though.  
.
     There, in the back of  "The Swap Meet Shop" he was.  A little rumpled but there none the less.  Our eyes met.  He sort of knew that I was from California-We Californians have that look you know-and his eyes said, "Take me home."  I knew that I had to comply with his request. He looked lonely and forlorn-without a friend in the world. I had to do it. He is with me now and we have developed a deep and lasting friendship. I am glad that I did what I did and am not ashamed.
     In case you are wondering, yes I did have my coffee this morning.  I bought some beans and made a pot earlier this morning.  I even had a bowl of Cherios.    
 

No comments:

Post a Comment