Wednesday, January 14, 2015

A Moving Experience--Part 5 And I Hope The Last

     OK, so I'm being a bit overly optimistic That this will be the last in the "Moving Experience" post strand. We still are not totally moved. If I were to say that we are almost moved, I would be stretching the truth.  Today is going to be a big day though.  Most of the big stuff is out and my office is up and running in the new house, but we still have a ways to go.
     I have been sick.  Today I actually feel a lot better and can be effective in helping "The General" out in the move.  She has to work, so I am going to the house to facilitate the move.  My role today will be much more active than it has been the past few days.
     Speaking about being sick, this was not a pleasant experience. It was the kind of sick that you feel terrible, but not bad enough to go to the hospital. However, if you don't stop what you are doing and rest it hangs on forever. I never ran a fever but I ached all over and was bestowed upon the pleasure of a sore throat and ugly cough. My body ached and told me many times that I had to stop immediately what I was doing and quickly go to a slumber state.
     Yesterday I was feeling a bit better so I ran some errands with "The General" that needed to be done.  When I get a cold or the flu, I don't take anything for it as I don't want to artificially interfere with my body's immunity system. I sit--or lay down in most cases--and suffer the symptoms. What was weird about running errands with "The General" was that I was in a total state of "slow". Keep in mind that I was not medicated.
     Things were going so slow that they were almost going backward. I actually could see the words coming out of "The General's" mouth.  Here is a sample of what that looked like, and no I wasn't smoking anything or taken any controlled substances. "S--O,  H--O--W  A--R--E  Y--O--U  F--E--E--L--I--N--G  T--O--D--A--Y,  D--E--A--R? (So how are you feeling today, dear?)  Honestly, that is how it looked.  You can just imaging how long it took me to translate the messages she was sending. They were simple messages too. It was almost as if I needed to take out my C.I.A. (since declassified) spy code book and decipher the message. Even then, I couldn't find the book--they had changed the code on me and didn't tell me after I found the book so I had to make some educated guesses. You can imagine how that went.
     I feel much better.  It's off to do battle in the theater of the old house. Yes, we are working on the move today.  Big day today as the person that is coming to clean the house and the carpet cleaner is coming as well.
My nurse. She is very nice, just a little bit stiff. I noticed that she doesn't talk much though. 
     

No comments:

Post a Comment