Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Change The Change...Part 1

     We have in our bedroom a vase that we put our loose change in.  Whenever we are really poor that's our go-to place for chump change, or to save us from the wolves that come to our door occasionally. Today I got bored and decided to cash the change in, as the vase had quite a bit of change in it.  That wolf hanging around our door looked awful hungry.
     A bank is a wonderful thing.  Actually, in this case it was a my Credit
Union.  They take my loose change and give me cash.  Normally this is not a difficult process.  I just take the loose change to the Credit Union--it doesn't have to be rolled anymore--take it to the teller and they find out how much I have collected.  They then give me the amount in worthless paper dollar bills. Now I can spend it and I feel like I am rich. Hey, this is fun!
    Last night I went into the Credit Union at 4:05 PDT and tried to convert my coins. As usual, I walked up to the teller and asked that the dastardly deed be done. I love personalized customer service. Nope, that wasn't going to happen today.  It seems that they no longer do change at the teller.  I have to use the self-service machine just inside the door.  Oh, by the way it closed--the machine that is--at 4:00 PDT. I had missed it.  You know how I am with machines.  I covered that a few blogs ago. Not only did I miss the cutoff for changing the change, but I had to deal with a machine, and tomorrow morning at that. What was the machine going to do, go home for a wonderful dinner of WD-40 and chips? NUTS, I hate machines!
This is the automatic change maker.  How it counts the change, I don't know. I hate machines!
        

No comments:

Post a Comment