Thursday, March 13, 2014

Change The Change...Part 2 (And Last Part)

     Sorry I didn't finish this yesterday, but I got distracted.  There is just something about "The Showcase Round" on "The Price Is Right" that fascinates me. It seems as though the world stops at about 10:50 AM Pacific Daylight Time and that is the all important "Showcase".  Ah, the duties of retirement.
     Continuing on with the journey to turn my loose change into worthless paper, I decided to return to the Credit Union to change my change. That machine in there would not beat me, I was determined to conquer it. After all, it was just a machine and I was a human being with a superior intellect.  We humans created it, they didn't create me. Into the branch I went, and there it was.
     As I walked into the branch, the teller greeted me. " Oh, I can see you are back again, good morning."  she said cheerily.
     "Yep, I thought I would get this done."  I replied.
     "Just let me know when you are done and I will be glad to help." she said.  Now it was on to the task at hand.
     I walked up to the machine as if I owned it. If you show any fear, it will sense that. I growled at it just to show it who was boss. OK, now what do I do?  If at all else fails, check the directions. This was NOT going to beat me. Here were the directions:
1. Read and follow all directions carefully as skipping a step or not completing it accurately will result in your transaction being voided.
2.) Open the lid tab A.
3.) Pour your loose change in and the green light will flash. Press start.
4.) Raise your arms above your shoulders and then flap them like an eagle.
5.) With your arms raised and flapping like an eagle, step back 36 inches from the unit and begin rotating your body at a rate of ten revolutions a minute. Complete at least three revolutions.  Rate is critical.
6.) While rotating, sing "The Stars Spangled Banner".  In Canada it is permissible to sing "Oh Canada", eh.
7.) Look at yourself in the reflective plate and agree that you look absolutely ridiculous. You do.
8.) OK, I've had enough fun now. Take the ticket that shows the amount you have redeemed.  Give the ticket to the teller and they will redeem the ticket.
9.) Thank you.
     I went through the steps meticulously, although I was a little off key on "The Stars Spangled Banner".  Taking the ticket I went to the teller who was laughing hysterically.  Maybe it was time to lick my wounds, take the money and just run. This machine thing must be a conspiracy.

    
They tried to come take me away after turning in my change, but I wouldn't let them.
        

No comments:

Post a Comment