Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Today's Topic Is...

     Have I got your attention?  I thought I wouldn't say what today's topic was because I wanted to use a literary device called suspense.  In essence, it is my hope that I will keep you on the edge of your seat while you are guessing what I am going to come up with and write about.
     There are so many things that I can write about today.  I have an extensive list built up in my phone and when an idea pops into my head, I make sure that I write it down so that I can expand upon the idea in some later blog. That list grows by the minute and includes such ideas as the clunky old man shoes that I just bought. They look terrible, but at least they fit.  Make sure you look for this post about my shoes and what I have to say, I think you may enjoy it.  However, you will just have to wait.
     Life outside my office window is rich and full.  I get many ideas from living my life and just being observant of the world around me. It is the fuel that fires the creativity in my mind. Sometimes just one little word strategically placed in my ear, or something that I am to do or doing on the computer will get me started.
     There is a lot to this writing thing.  Many times I have explained it to people and they still don't get it.  It is hard work and work that is not just for anyone.  Coming up with a topic to write about is tough. And then, once you have a topic you have to be brilliant as to what you say.  If you think it is easy, you try it sometime.
     Enough suspense, today's topic is--excuse me, the phone just rang.
Listening to a Mariach Band on Catalina Island. What does that have to do with today's post and subject?  Absolutely nothing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment