Thursday, March 6, 2014

Pot Roast?

     When I went to the suggestions guru about how to get more hits for my blogs and said to use more colorful tag and key words in my blog titles.  He said that there are certain words that the search engines are looking for depending on the subject.  When I racked my brain, and with my brain that certainly is a challenge, to find a title for this post I thought I would try the strategy.  I came up with the word pot. I don't smoke pot, I want you to know that from the start, and I do hate pot roast.
      Some people like pot roast.  More power to those people.  The Donner party liked eating their shoes--among other things which have yet to be proven--but they had to eat shoe leather because that is all they had.  Eating pot roast is a choice.
     Whatever you do to a pot roast, you are still eating a pot roast.  Most pot roasts are from the chuck part of the cow.  Except for the round steak--which incidentally you can make chicken fried steak which I love depending on how much country gravy you put on it, yum--the chuck is the toughest part of the poor cow. Let's see--why don't we put a brick in to cook for about five days and see if it will tender up. We can put in some onion soup and some potatoes. Don't forget the carrots!
     Is it tender yet? Nope, still tough as leather. Maybe we didn't leave it in long enough. Let's turn down the heat and slow cook it for another couple of days. How about some more carrots and maybe a bit of red wine. What does that do to it?
     I do like shredded beef in my tacos and enchiladas. Basically, they take a chuck roast and cook the ever loving hell out of it. After a month of cooking in spices, it just falls apart. It tears apart actually and you put in in the taco or enchilada. I guess if it is Mexican, I will eat it.  Just don't call it pot roast.
     Let's check on how our pot roast is doing.  It has been cooking now for ten days now so let's see how it is.  It's pot roast, that's how it is and it is not tender. YUCK! Pot roast.
Filet Mignon is not Pot Roast.  I like Filet Mignon!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment