Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Caution!...About What?

     For Father's Day my brother-in-law received an insulated beverage cup.  He was very happy to get it because he was saying that his coffee always got cold on his way to work, and he could use the cup to transport his coffee.  It would stay nice and hot. He was already making plans to use it. What happened next was quite curious.
     He opened the lid to look inside.  Yep, just a plain old insulated cup. Then he looked under the lid. Here's what it said in bold letters I might add, "Do Not Use This Cup With Hot Beverages". What?  It's an insulated cup.  What else do you use it for?  It is to keep hot beverages hot.  What else do you use it for. Hmmmm....
     It seems that the hot coffee idea just went out the window. WE don't want to go against the warnings and cautions the THEY give us to keep us safe, do WE? That was cute, wasn't it. See how I tied in my past blogs?  Go back and read the series about WE and THEY. At this point, THEY are the ones not having any fun. THEY are trying how to live our lives.  This is the bad THEY, the THEY that won't let you play in the mud.
     My brother-in-law said to himself, "That's OK, I'll use it for keeping my Diet Pepsi cold when I drink it."
     Wrong, my brother by law, not birth. Take another look at the lid. "Do not use with cold or carbonated beverages". What a bummer this is turning out to be.  What do I do with the darn thing. He put it up on a shelf in his bedroom closet, and that was the end of that.
     Who is trying to protect us and from what.  I can understand an alien invasion, preferably not by toddlers with sippee cups but by really nasty invaders. Is everything a plot to hurt us and one we need to be aware of? I don't think so. Why sell it if I can't use it?  Whatever happened to use your common sense.  We are supposed to have a consumer protection agency that does not allow products that are useless out on the market. Where do our tax dollars go? OK, I won't answer that.
WARNING!!!!Moving a piano can be hazardous to your health.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment