Friday, June 13, 2014

Wurds and Frases...Hmmm....

     I didn't know what to title this post.  In the bloggers manual it says to always come up with a catchy or ingenious title to hook the reader. Today's title is such an attempt. Of course I spelled words and phrases wrong.  We can talk about that as well. Who invented the English spelling system anyway.  It makes no sense. Just keep that thought in the make of your mind a while as I write this. Hang with me, becasue I am not exactly sure where this is all going.
     One thing I do know is that as languages evolve, they borrow words, phrases and ideas from other languages and cultures.  I want to also point out here that I do know how to spell words and phrases. Why is phrases spelled with a ph anyway? I think you can blame this one on the Greeks, but why take that spelling, English?  Oh well, onward. (Is that a sentence?)
     With the invasion of our house, I have learned from my grandson, Prince of the Invaders, a new phrase.  That phrase is, "I don wanna."  Sometimes, "Mommy" is added to the end of the phrase, "I don wanna!". Sometimes its "I don wanna go."  The phrase is normally said with great emphasis thusly: I DON WANNA! It comes in short bursts, generally and is used many times when crying. Most of the time it seems to work especially at mealtime and at bedtime.
    As a rule the phrase is preceded by a request from his mom, Queen of the Invaders, resulting in the reaction by my grandson "I don wanna". It seems to occur regularly.  However, when my Queen makes a calm request of The Prince, that phrase generally doesn't seem to be uttered. It also appears that the phrase seems to work about 80% of the time, with the Prince getting his way. This is directly related to the way that the phrase is presented and in all cases it seems to upset the Queen of the Invaders.
     I think I will try using the phrase.  It can't hurt. Let me see, what shall I use this on?  I don wanna go to the doctor. I don wanna have a blood test. I can try that, but that is too far away. How about, "I don wanna take out the trash, honey!"
You have to be just a little bit foxy in order to use "I don wanna".

  


No comments:

Post a Comment