Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Caution...About What? Part 1

     We have all seen them.  The try to warn us of the dangers of this world. They are everywhere, including the morning coffee I somtime buy at Starbucks or McDonald's.  I wonder how much of an idiot Ronald is that he does not know that coffee is hot?  You may agree with me that this is getting out of hand.
     I was watching TV with Denise yesterday, a show she picked by the way.  I don't choose our TV shows anymore for some reason, and generally we watch something that is agreeable to both of us. I am thinking of auditioning for Law and Order SVU should they decide to do remakes of old episodes.  I have committed all the scripts to memory, not because I have read and memorized the scripts but because I have seen them all multiple times.  I actually like SVU, and when Denise asks if I want to watch it, I respond "Yes, Dear". I'm going off on a tangent again, so I will get back to my original subject.  I don't mind watching TV with Denise.  It's quality time.
      I'll get back to my story, not watching TV with Denise but the one about warnings.  We were watching a show and a commercial came on for a dog heart worm medication.  I know that dog heart worms is a very serious problem, and I am not downplaying it.  The commercial was kind of humorous with a dog running through a protective plastic tunnel to protect it from outside elements and heart worms. The mom slid the dog's food in through a double sliding glass door and the kids played with the dogs using isolation gloves through the outside of the tunnel.  You may have seen the commercial, unless you live in Poland, Russia or The Ukraine.  
    At the end of the commercial, just like advertisements for human drugs the announcer gave some side effect warnings. The last one was very curious, to say the least. At the end of the side effects warning he made the statement, "May cause depression in your dog".
      That's a very curious statement and brings up a very relevant question.  How do you know your dog is depressed?  Does he, or she because I don't want to tick off the feminists out there.  I think I will use it in the rest of this post when I talk about the dog.  Anyway, does he--I mean it--sleep more than when it is happy? When it sleeps, does it sleep with it's head toward the back of the doggie bed instead of the front?  How about his--sorry,--its--tail?  Does it wag its tail slower.  Think about it.  We want our dog to be safe and not depressed
     Where would we be without warning labels.  More about this in my next installment and hello Poland. Hello Russia as well. Thanks for tuning in as well, those of you in the Ukraine.  I promise I won't get into politics.
WARNING! Eating one of these Bacon Wrapped Corn Dogs will certainly...Oh well, just enjoy it.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment