Thursday, June 5, 2014

Where Are You Southern Hemisphere?

     Where are you Southern Hemisphere? I noticed on my countries list and I have no followers or readers in the countries of the Southern Hemisphere. I did have a stray Aussie a couple of years ago, but that was a long time.  You are not keeping your end of the bargain, Southern Hemisphere. I would love to have you.
     What can I do to encourage you to read my blog? Is there something I can do to help you along?  Should I be doing something differently?  If I offended you in any way, I apologize.  I don't mean to, and if I do its all in good fun.  You can ask my Polish reader.  I haven't offended you, have I--you in Poland? I thank you and appreciate you for reading this stuff on a regular basis.  Soon, I will start in on my Russian friends but I don't want to get on Putin's bad side.  I do follow world events.
     Let me try something here.  I am going to stand on my head and write.  This will sort of give me the feeling of what it must be like in the Southern Hemisphere.  Here I go. Gjillik kinggsd  fiiidsh sibllisl lso. Illn ggo oflsk sssilafa d. Ow! That hurt my head. I can't be damaging my head as there is not much up there to use.
  Let me see what I wrote.  Uh-oh, that didn't work.  I guess I will have to try something else.
    How about if I write everything backwards.  Water flows in the opposite direction down there.  The water flushes in the other direction, I'm not sure that it is important which.  Hold on, let me go flush my toilet to find out.
*
*
*
*
*
OK, it goes counter clockwise, excuse me anti-cyclonic.  I had to go find that out. It goes clockwise-cyclonic-in the Southern Hemisphere.  I bet you thought I didn't know that, didn't you. Sometimes I surprise myself.  Don't play Trivia Pursuit with me. I can't find anyone who will, but that';s entirely another story.
     Let me try something else. I'm going to try to write this backwards and see if that helps. Are you ready, because here it comes:
.erehpsimeH nrnehtuoS eht ni uoy ot olleH 
That was hard.  You must have some sort of computer program that can do that faster.  It really taxes my small brain.  Surely Microsoft or Apple has come up with some sort of translator program.  How about Rosetta Stone, they must have a program that teaches that.  How about a book called "Southern Hemisphere For Dummies".  That kind of makes sense.
     Do you really walk on your hands down there instead of your feet? I guess that down is up and up is down.  The whole thing must take a bit of getting used to.
     By the way, if you are a golfer, make sure you check out my new website http://the-golf-course-travel-bag.com.  I have a lot of golf and travel stuff on it and I think you will enjoy it.  I have also started making U-tube videos and you will find them there as well. Take a look.




I took this picture of my daughter at the Berlin Wall museum in Sydney.  I got tired of walking on my hands all the time.









    

No comments:

Post a Comment