Friday, July 24, 2015

Be Happy! Its Friday!

     I have some important information to share with you.  It is Friday.  Isn't that special. I am giving those of you who work a five day work schedule that starts on Monday and goes through Friday the day off tomorrow to do whatever it is that you want. If you live in Japan, I can't do anything for you because today is Saturday.  I can't fix that, sorry.
      Today is Friday, which means a majority of you have a wonderful weekend ahead of you. Yep, I am looking forward to the weekend myself.  However, I am retired and every day seems like it is the weekend.  What is the difference between a Tuesday and a Friday?  The TV programs are different and that is about it. The first round of a golf tournament is on a Thursday and the fourth round is on Sunday. I know this.
     I do admit that there are differences in days when you are retired, but those differences are very subtle. I know it is Sunday because that is the day we go to church. We very rarely miss church because my wife is the choir director and I sing in the choir. Wednesday is choir practice so that is another benchmark for what day it is. We are off for the summer and there is no choir practice so I'm really in trouble. When we are off for the summer, I have to resort to the golf tournament measurement calendar. Thursday starts the tournament and so on to Sunday when the tournament ends is the day for church. We live in an ordered universe, you know.
      What am I going to do tomorrow, which I think is Saturday--I'm not sure? I'm going to put on my brown shorts, navy blue polo shirt and Birkenstock sandals. Then, I will take the long walk to the couch and turn on the TV to watch golf, not because I love to watch golf but because I need to confirm what day it is.
A description in pictures of  my strenuous activities this weekend.


No comments:

Post a Comment