Monday, July 20, 2015

No Clankety Clank---Back To Veroom, Veroom

     We got the car back from the mechanic a few hours ago.   I would have been back sooner but I was given an order from the head of procurement to go to the food dump--uh supermarket. She wanted me to secure some groceries in order to fee the troops. Of course I obey orders and this afternoon was no exception. If "Mama" ain't happy, nobody is happy. I spent too much, but at least we will eat pretty well for the next few days.
      There is some great news.  The car is fixed and it didn't cost an arm and a leg. It rides very quietly. As explained to me it was a bearing that went out.  She rides pretty well actually.  The transmission still goes "clunk" occasionally  but I was assured that the injury is not permanent and we can live with it. It is not something that would strand us on the road. It's kind of like my arthritis in my hands. I have to learn to adjust and accept it, sort of like my arthritis.
     It is a Ford, and we all know what that stands for. However, don't let the car hear you say that. I don't want it to feel offended.
There's the "Blue Bandit" in better days. She likes to go place sand now we can she she was in the hospital for minor surgery.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment