Sunday, November 27, 2011

I Have To Do What?

   When the advertisement for the temporary job came out, I took the job.  It looked like it would be a lot of fun, and let's face it, I couldn't pass up the cash.  For the amount of time that I was going to work and for what it paid,it was worth it.  I was goin to go to a very busy store and pass out samples of a well known product.  This was almost like stealing.
    I got to the store where I was to pass out samples and reported to the store manager. It was very, very busy.  I told him who I was and what I was there for. I knew I was in trouble by the next question he asked.
    "Are you sure you want to do this?" The store was very busy.
    "Uh, yes."  I replied with a great amount of wonder as to his question. The store was very, very busy.
    "Well, the ad agency really wanted women to do this...the prettier the better.  Well, here take a look at this.  This is the job kit they sent over.  It has your uniform.  You can change in my office or in the men's room.    Uh...I would suggest my office and you will see why.  The product is in the back and you can easily find it. Good Luck!" The store was very, very, very busy.
    What was that all about, I thought to myself. I opened the box and found my "uniform".  There it was, the wig, the skirt and the extra large sweatshirt with the company's name and logo, all hot pink with huge chartruese lettering . I was supposed to wear this stuff. The store was very, very, very, very, very busy.
     I guess pride goes before the fall, so I made the best of the situation and put on the garb.  The wig hurt my head, the sweatshirt made me too hot and the skirt kept falling down which is a scary thought in and of itself. I had to keep reminding myself that I was making a lot of money for this.  As many of you know, I was in an opera in August, and you have to play the part of a character and act.  For this job, I summoned all the creative juices that were in me and played the part as if I were a beautiful woman. That was truly a stretch as I looked like, well I will let you make the mental picture and fill in the blank with the adjectives of your own choice.
    I have to make a little confession here, maybe the story I just told wasn't exactly accurate.  My confession here is to reassure my second daughter who lives in Missouri that I haven't really lost it, again.  The part about the product demonstration was true.  I did not have to wear the uniform, and the product was given out by the store employees before I had gotten there.  But one fact was undeniable....The store was very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment