Monday, November 7, 2011

No Pain, No Gain...Boloney!

     Endorphines are supposed to make you feel great.  There is a flip side to that, though.  In order to have endorphines released into your bloodstream, you must lift heavy objects or walk long distances or do some other foolish thing to your body that requires some sort of physical work.  I am not against physical work, its just that my body sees no point in doing it unless it is neccessary, and a question of life or death.  These are things they don't tell you in the teacher credential program, sort of like not telling you that your students really are not motivated to learn and that when you first go into a classroom on your own you are fresh meat.
     What on earth am I talking about here.  Well, I have been noticeing that I have gained a few pounds recently.  OK, there was the surgery but that may just be an excuse.  Time for me to work out in the gym again.  Today was the day.  I am not exactly sore at this point, but...wait for it...wait for it...wait for it because it is coming.  I also have to work out at the ungodly hour of 6:00 AM.  If I am not in the gym by then, my day gets away from me.  Veni...Vedi...Vicci...I went, I saw and worked out, and it conquered.  Actually I do feel great and I am happy to be back working out.  It has been a very long time and believe it or not, I have missed it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment