Tuesday, November 22, 2011

I'm Sorry...Someone Has To Do It

     I am really sorry.  I did not choose this new career, the one of writer.  I know how many of you think that I am playing at what I do, and that is just not true.  This is hard work-work that requires a lot of creativity and dedication. Despite what you may think, coming up with stories and observations is not all fun and games.
     Take what I am doing today.  I have to go down to Valencia, by Six Flags Magic Mountain just north of Los Angeles, and play golf at the Tournament Players Course.  Not many people know about this course so it is my duty to shed journalistic light on this well kept secret.  I must bring it to the masses in its glory and beauty. Just think of the personal danger to me and to Rick, who will be recording the event in pictures. The freeway can be very dangerous and just think of the extreme physical exertion it will take to bring the story.  Pity us if you must but it has to be done, especially Rick because he is driving and is stuck for three hours listening to my stupid jokes and stories.
     Rick will be working hard to record the experience in the best light possible, literally.  I am going to have to weave a web of words that conveys the essence of the course. Just think of the mental energy, not to mention the physical energy it is going to take on both our parts. Life as an artist and writer is really difficult. 

No comments:

Post a Comment