Saturday, November 12, 2011

Never Give Up

     There are times in a person's life that it looks rather bleak.  The temptation is to just give up and crawl into a shell.  It looks better to just give up and sit on the "pity pot".  What good is that?  What does it accomplish?  Move on, there is a lot to life and you will get through it.  I know how hard it is, I'm there.
     I don't want to share what I am going through right now.  My world seems to be coming down around me.  What was comfortable has been totally destroyed.  At times, my life circumstances seem too tall to climb.  The thought has occurred to me at very low emotional times to throw it all away and just give up. 
     Why?  There is so much in this life that I have not experienced.  I have done much in my very short life, and there is more to come.  That's exciting!  Grieving is fine, and there is a time for that and is a very important part of life.  Don't let that grief overcome and paralyze.  I understand that temptation is there and real when you go through trials, but whatever it is it will pass and in most cases come out on the other side a better person.
     At the risk of once again dating myself, I must say, "Today is the first day of the rest of your life." The choice is yours as to what you do with it. As for me, I see the fun and excitement that lay ahead and I choose to "Keep on Truckin". 

No comments:

Post a Comment