Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Forever Young: No, Just Enjoy Again

     The world is coming back into focus in a new and wonderous way.  For the longest time I had forgotten who I am and was kind of mired in a thick and heavy mud of doubt.  I had forgotten just what kind of experiences that were out there that I had been missing or had never tried. All I can say is I AM ALIVE!!!!
     I feel like a kid again.  No, I am not going through a second childhood...far from that.  What I am experiencing is the "me" that I had never seen.  I know that that statement may seem selfish and self-centered but it is more than that.  I have discovered  and rediscovered parts of me that I have never seen or that have been long forgotten.
     I have found the true joy of giving.  That joy comes form the giving and not in what comes back in return or for whatever motives.  It is a true giving of time, talents, self and love...financially and emotionally.  The action of giving without any expectations in return is the true source of happiness.  Love given, without any sort of motive, gives true meaning to this life and is the source of fullfillment. 
     I have rediscovered my creativity and artistic self.  That has been hidden and discouraged for far too long.  There is nothing like performing an opera or singing in a  100 voice choior.  My sense of humor is back, and in fact some around me wish it would go away again...No Way!  I have that fire in me once again to write.  It is so beautiful and inspirational to just watch the sun come up in the morning. That is just a part of this creative and artistic side.
     I have become adventurous again.  Look out rollercoasters, here I come!  What new experience, within reason of course, can I find today.  How can I reconnect with old adventures from the past that I have left on the table of life? 
     I have come to grips with getting older.  That doesn't mean that I should just fold up the tent and go away.  No, I will never be forever young.  I will be able to contiue to experience life to it's fullest. 




  

No comments:

Post a Comment