Sunday, January 15, 2012

Gee, But Its Great To Be Back Home

     I have to apologize to Simon and Garfunkel for stealing that line.  In this case, it is totally appropriate.  It is great to be back home after a time in the desert.  It was time alone well spent, but I am glad to be back.
     One thing that really made me feel back at home.  Don't get me wrong there are many things that make my apartment my home but I noticed one thing this morning that particularly struck out.  I use the pink packets to sweeten my coffee.  I don't like the blue and what the heck is in those yellow packets?  You cannot imagine the comfort of going to your cupboard when you are half asleep and have just made the coffee knowing that you can depend on the fact that you will be able to sweeten your coffee with the pick packet. 
     Speaking of making coffee, I didn't take my coffee grinder.  There wasn't one at the condo I was staying at either.  I had to buy pre-ground coffee.  I had to mathmatically calculate how much coffee to use to make my coffee just right.  Like all things when you are on vacation, it took me until the last day to finally figure out the correct mix.  The first day, the coffee melted my spoon and the manager asked if he could use it to paint one of the condos.  The next day, it was almost see through with just a whisp of coffee flavor..colored water actually, or maybe I had discovered a new gourmet treat. 
     The coffee maker was another thing.  All I want to do is make coffee.  At home, I fill the water,grind the beans, put in a coffee filter...most of the time...put in the ground beans, close the lid and then push the brew button.  I don't even set the clock on my coffee maker.  I looked at the coffee maker at the condo and said has NASA called for their missing part?  I read the directions and wondered if I was going to get coffee or breaking down the atoms in water to provide the world with cheap, renewable energy.  Come on people, its a coffee maker.
    Yes, I am home.  My coffee maker made my coffee...I even put a filter in.  I put a packet of pink sweetner into it with whole milk and all is right with the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment