Monday, January 30, 2012

Technology...Our Friend II

     It has been a few days now that I have had my new phone.  I must admit that my comfort level is growing in using it.  They call it a "Smart Phone" and actually it is an amazing device.  My biggest concern is not the actual device, but the gigantic mainframe in which the phone inputs.  I am not talking about the mechanical, electrical system in which the phone accesses, I am referring to the biological computer in which the phone serves.  We are talking about "Smart Phone" verses "Not-So-Smart Human Operator", meaning me.
     Just a minute, I have to make a call.  It's dialing, just like a regular phone. 
     "Hello, is this Don?....No, Don...What, you can't understand me...I am trying to call Don, who are you?...What?...Your English is not so good?...What do you mean, your English is not so good. Who is this and where are you?...Yaslav Karazlwzsedgtchewseski?  Where do you live?...Warsaw, Poland?  Oh, Sorry I dialed a wrong number...I love Polish Sausage...not so hot on cabbage rolls...Sorry to have bothered you."
     Oops, wrong number and maybe I should take a longer look at the owners manual.       

No comments:

Post a Comment