Thursday, June 27, 2013

A Moving Story

      Today, my story is a very moving one.  Actually it is about moving.  I look around our new house and in the garage and all I see is boxes that need to be unpacked..  By the way, thanks for all the offers from you to come by and help.  We truly appreciate all the help.Hope that made you chuckle a bit, but I do thank the people that did come and help.  It was hard moving two people from two different places.  We made it to the wedding and still are alive after the experience of the wedding and the move along with other assorted bumps in the road.
     Little by little the boxes are coming into the house.  It seems as though the garage is growing, there is more and more space.  Wait a minute, its not growing.  We are just brings more stuff from out of it into the house.  The exercise bike is still out there though.  All right, we both don't like to sweat so give us a break.  We have made a commitment to loose weight and the bike will come in eventually, but not after the Baskin and Robbins schedule has been made out.  Got to keep the California dairy farmers in business.  It is our civic duty.
     My office is set up as I write this.  All of my pictures are up and my cups and nic-nacs have been put on shelves and displayed.  It is my home and I am comfortable in it.  There is a recliner and a T.V. but no refrigerator (sory, no d in refridgerator-how about that, the dikshunary wurks).  I didn't put a couch in there either.  I think that you know where I am going with this.  Denise loves me very much.
    I am a happy camper.  It is home as soon as my "Dogs Playing Poker" painting is up.  I am staring at it as we speak.  King Kong is also happy high atop his perch on the book case and he can endlessly stare at his beloved white ape.  I can even listen to my "space music" on the little CD player radio I have on my desk in my office.  Life is good.
    I still have a few boxes to bring in from the garage, but I hope to do that today.  It seems as though I have kept some things that I should have thrown away a long time ago, but I didn't. By the way, I didn't win anything from that banana contest at Wal Mart.
    Home, Sweet Home-
My office as it looks right now.  You can just make out the "Dogs Playing Poker"  painting on the right.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment