Friday, June 21, 2013

A Truly Moving Experience

     Halelujah, the move is finally over.  That is the moves from Merced and the move from my apartment.  Denise moved to Fresno as I have said and I moved from my apartment to our house together.  The wedding went quite well, by the way.  Now comes the fun part and we are in the middle of the move as we speak. Technically, not as we speak but as I write this, but you get the idea.
      We packed it all up and moved it all, me with my two boxes of stuff from my apartment and Denise with her 26ft U-Haul truck and two loads of 24ft U-Haul trailer loads as well as a couple of loads in a friend's van from her house. OK, maybe I had three boxes, but I was only moving an apartment.  She was moving a house with all her possessions.
     I want to be fair about this and I am looking at the couch right now. It does look fairly comfortable to sleep on. She did have more to move and I don't want to get into too much trouble.  You do know that exaggeration makes for great humor. Ha, ha.  How do you spell exaggeration any way?
     Now comes the fun part of moving.  Once you get everything into the vans or trailers, one little car trunk load for me and the 26ft U-haul truck and two 24ft U-haul trailer loads with a couple of loads in a friend's van for Denise, you get to unload the one little car trunk load for me and the 26ft. U-haul truck and two 24ft. U- haul trailer loads along with the couple of loads of the friend's van.  Where do you put the stuff-furniture, boxes and such- until you can put it all away way in their proper places on the wall and in the rooms etc..
 I look for the fun to continue for another 12 to 24 years.  I am hoping that all will be put away as a twenty-fifth wedding anniversary gift to Denise.
     All kidding aside, you know that is hard for me, I have married a wonderful woman.  Things are being put away and we are almost done.  The house is shaping up and I look forward to all the fond memories we will have together living in this house.
A beautiful house, don't you think? It's not ours.

No comments:

Post a Comment