Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Space...Not The Final Frontier

     I remember William Shatner opening Star Trek with the words "Space, the final frontier". Of course there were others such as the bald headed guy on Next Generation, but Bill Shatner was the first and in my opinion the best.  Space is the final frontier, but in this case not the final frontier or the space you would think.  I am talking about my home office and it is not "The Final Frontier" but my frontier and special space. This is my space in the new house, and it is me.
     To the world, I may be considered an odd nut. My tastes in spacial decoration as far as wall space is concerned may be a bit "out there" but that is OK, especially when it is my apartment and I live alone.  However, the marriage has presented itself with some new challenges. Denise isn't exactly thrilled by having a stuffed King Kong climbing a towel rack to get to the top of a picture of the Empire State Building. Don't worry, the biplanes are buzzing about ready for him.
      To me, my apartment bathroom "King Kong" motif told quite a story.  It was art.  Unfortunately, some people don't appreciate some forms of art. After the marriage ceremony and we moved into the new house, choices had to be made. Love is strong, but Kong and his struggle up the Empire State Building had to go. I had to explain this to Kong and he was very understanding.  I told him that I would give him a place of honor in my new home office.
     Kong now sits on top of a bookcase overlooking and protecting the entrance to my home office.  It is truly a place of respect and importance. He is very appreciative of this honor, but is even more appreciative of the fact that I have thought of him and that I have found him a companion ape.  He is very happy in that she is a good conversationalist and companion.  They are going slow on their relationship as she lives high atop the bookcase across the room and refuses to move in with him on his bookcase. She is a bit old-fashioned about this which I like.
    One more thing and this doesn't have to do with Kong. I know that this post started out talking about my new office and how I plan to make it my own space.  I have yet again gone off on a tangent, but I wanted to explain that Kong was an integral part of my decorating philosophy. I am proud of how I have decorated my office and the things that are key to my enjoyment of the room.  I have made it mine.  I will revisit this in future posts.
Well Done, loyal and faithful servant.

No comments:

Post a Comment