Tuesday, October 25, 2011

The "Back" Is Not Back

     The body is a marvelous invention.  When it works correctly it is a thing of beauty.  All parts work in unison to keep us functioning and healthy. Such is the case with the back and the mechanisms of the spine. It is not supposed to hurt.
     My back hurts.  It has been hurting now for at least three weeks.  I thought that it was getting better, and I did start feeling better but the back gods got angry with me last Friday for playing golf.  I think I am serving pennance.  The golf gods were pleased with my swing as I shot better than I expected, but today my back is killing me.  Just think of the titanic battle between the two houses of the devine, sort of like Olympus taking on Valhalla.  (I am speaking metaphorically of course.  There are no back gods or golf gods. Just a bit of a disclaimer there.) 
     Today, I must visit the adjustor who will make all things painful right. Theodore the Magnificent will manipulate the working parts of my spine and all will be in balance again, or at least I would hope so. I will have to pay tribute to Theodore the Magnificent in the form of an offering, also known as a co-pay.  This is so little in order to get right and be freed of pain.
    To sum all this up, my back hurts and I am going to the chiropractor to get it adjusted so it won't hurt anymore.  Why didn't I just say that in the first place.  Why did I go through three paragraphs of crap just to say that?  Art.....

No comments:

Post a Comment