Sunday, October 23, 2011

What Day Is It?

     I have to go to work today.  I think. what day is it anyway?  Now that I have retired, days just seem to flow together.  I know that it would be worse if I was just sitting on my keyster watching T.V., as my beloved ex-wife seems to think I am doing.  However, as most retirees know, I am busier now and don't have a set schedule. My eight to five job is no longer eight to five, which really isn't a bad thing just different.  I do like it.
     Let's see if we can track today down.  Sunday I go to church, but last Sunday I didn't because I had to...notice I said had to...cover a local airshow and had to be there all day.  It was tough, but somebody had to do it.  That threw Monday into a dither because I rested so it felt like Sunday.  Tuesday brought a busy day, so it felt like Monday.  Wednesday I took care of my grandkids, whom I normally see on Friday.  Since I was with my grandkids, I couldn't go to my writer's group. 
     Thursday, I did very little and stayed home.  Was it Sunday?  No, Its Thursday and I sort of knew this because Thursday is trash day and there were trash cans out on the street.  Not mine though, because I thought it was...well I don't know.  Friday saw me playing golf, with a bad back by the way.  No, I didn't end up in the hospital. 
    Yesterday, my son and I went out of town.  That messed up everything.  I think today is Sunday, but the only way I will know for sure is if I go to church this morning and there is choir practice.  If there isn't, wow that will really throw me off for what I think is next week.  All this and I have to go to work this afternoon. 
   I think I know how to remedy this.  How about looking at my calendar.  Just a second, let me look at it to make sure what day it is.  Wait a minute, something's not right.  That's August.      

No comments:

Post a Comment