Monday, October 31, 2011

Is That Really Me?

     There is a mirror in my bedroom and in the morning the first thing that I see is myself in that mirror.  I have recently noticed that my image is sort of like a building in a time lapse movie.  The scary thing is that the time lapse is the building getting bigger, not being torn down. 
     Yes folks, I am gaining weight.  I suppose that I could sit here and whine about it and keep eating the Mother's Taffy Cookies--ten at a time--and eating the Klondike Bars.  What would I do for a Klondike Bar? For those ouside the U.S. that do not know what a Klondike Bare is, it is a square of vanilla ice cream dipped in hard chocolate.  Their advertising tag line, since they are so luscious, is "What would you do for a Klondike Bar?"...I hope someone from Klondike Bars is listening because I hope the would throw some cash my way for the subtle advertising, but that would never happen.
     I have excuses.  I lost 70 pounds last year, but have put 15 back on.  I had surgery, and could not go to the gym, except to do cardio.  I hate cardio.  I couldn't lift weights, small with many reps as I am not a bodybuilder but a golfer.  I couldn't play golf either.  I was cleared to exercise and play golf and then my back went out.  Now, my back is much better and I am going back to the gym this morning.  Don't worry, I'm not going to push it as I know you are all concerned for my safety and health.
    It is time for action.  I have three more Klondike Bars in the freezer and a case of Taffy Cookies.   When those are gone, that's it and no more.  I am on my way to the gym as we speak...technically we are not speaking, I am writing...but I am going.  It is really enjoyable when I think about it.  I promise to cut down and get back to the weight loss.  How many calories in a triple mocha with whipped cream from Starbucks?           
    

No comments:

Post a Comment